Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Campo de Cedar

Second day at our wonderful new job and let me say its verrrryy interesting. I really do love it and thank goodness I waited to find a job because this one is absolutely perfect. It's the wonderful blend of outdoor activities with a great staff of workers that make it awesome. Yesterday Steph and I learned belaying on the rock-wall and on the zip-lines out in the woods. We also rode the zip line down .. and let me tell you WHAT A RUSH!!

Today Steph and I helped out with the horse camp. We groomed and lead the horses around for the young girls there. I was paired with a beautiful white horse named Shadow (clever), and Steph's horse was was a named Madison, who has a sad rescue story --most of the horses are rescue-- anyway she was used as a horse that makes birth control, which meant that she stayed in a stall most of her life and was pregnant the whole time. What a rough life for a horse. Anyway shes a happy girl now and now has the proper care.

The wranglers we worked with today are Pat and Rick. Both ex-military and both search and rescue volunteers. And I have to say I have heard enough stories between horses, rescue missions and military operations to last me at least a year. Very good folks and I never have to fill silences because they are always talkin'. :)

All in all .. a great first 2 days!

4 comments:

The Best Years said...

Sounds like a great time for you Whit...don't forget your sister...she has a new job as well, starts on Monday, she can fill in the details. We will see you tomorrow night. Shadow is a lovely name for a white horse. Love you,

Mom

Mrs. Stidham said...

CONGRATS WHIT!!! The camp looks awesome. I can't wait to hear more about it soon. It is very sad to hear the lives some animals and people live everyday but thank goodness for wonderful people who are willing to step in and provide better lives for the struggling creatures. Have fun!!! I am jealous. I would love to go rock climbing and help with horses everyday they both are a true rush. Love you! Have fun! JUST GOES TO SHOW GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!! Congrats on your job too Reme!

Dee said...

It sounds like some of these horses share a history with ANT.
Now why is Mom telling you to not forget your sister after 2 Days?
Amanda V. is correct good things do come to those who wait! I know you will learn alot and teach what you learn. You're very good at that.
Love you Whit!

suzy q said...

fun times!

Blog Archive