So I spent another horrific morning exhausting my brain while trying to demystify all that is algebra. Didn't go so well. I spent half the hour hour on the first sheet, which was no calculators, and I feel I did "alright" on that point.. (no promises). Then came page 2. Which was an investment problem:
You inherit $60,000 (i wish) and you decide to invest it into two security options A & B. Security A is at 6% and Security B is at 4.5%. If you have a total years interest at $3,000-- how much money did you invest at 6%?
I didn't get the answer obviously, but I did ask after class. There's Whitney saying "Here! Now tell me how to do it." My prof told me I am somewhat of a mathematician because I can't let things go. I guess that's about the only part of me thats math minded ... I think its just plain stubbornness...
See if you can do the problem. I know how to do it now. Which doesn't help me on that now over exam. Ugh.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- Jun (2)
- Feb (6)
- Jan (1)
- Dec (1)
- Nov (20)
- Oct (9)
- Sep (7)
- Aug (8)
- May (7)
- Apr (2)
- Mar (3)
- Feb (2)
- Jan (7)
- Dec (4)
- Nov (5)
- Oct (7)
- Sep (15)
- Aug (2)
- Jul (1)
- Jun (4)
- May (6)
- Apr (12)
- Mar (5)
- Feb (13)
- Jan (2)
- Dec (2)
- Nov (8)
- Oct (12)
- Sep (11)
- Aug (2)
- Jul (6)
- Jun (8)
- May (1)
- Apr (13)
- Mar (15)
- Feb (12)
- Jan (8)
- Dec (18)
- Nov (15)
- Oct (20)
- Sep (14)
- Aug (9)
5 comments:
Do I have to try and solve it? Ugh I don't like math about as much as you. You make me laugh though with your math travails. I know that isn't the intended reaction perhaps, but still...you are pretty hilarious.
Whitney the point is you tried and you will keep on trying. We will talk tonight. Love you. Mom
Hey...I like you too... :)
Keep your chin up
BUT...YOU WILL KNOW THE ANSWER FROM NOW ON..and math is made up of building blocks. And I having no interest in the subject would be happy to earn $3000 and let the stockbroker worry about the percentages..tsk tsk.
Perseverance Whitney..it's good.
Love you, Aunt Dee
I AM SOOOOO EXCITED TO SEE YOU AT DEE'S HALLOWEEN PARTY. Much love. Hang in there don't let math get you down... looks like your not the only one who is perfect at it look at our stock markets.
Post a Comment