Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 in Review.


One sunset in the last of 2009 ...

Its hard to believe that 2009 is coming to a close... then again I can believe it and I am eager to being 2010. Start with a bang is my style, then have a great exit strategy that doesn't involve umm.... a bang.... ? I guess thats what I mean... maybe you'll understand it better than me. So lets recount the year shall we? Or my feelings of it really.
I typically remember the year in chapters of seasons, I assume most people do this way... most of the time it feels like there are 4 years with in one, the saga of the times! The thoughts and the feelings that were present in spring did not meld with summer, nor fall, nor winter. Fascinating isn't it? I can't even recall when those mini chapters ended and another began. Leaving school, beginning again, being in a constant state of moving from home to home: Pacific to Kirkland and back three to four times a year... its exhausting. To simplify:

Winter '08-'09: Restful.
Spring '09: Amazing.
Summer '09: Relaxing.
Fall '09: Influential.
Winter '09-'10: Reconnected and we'll see for the rest.

This Sunday I leave for Pacific once again. At times I think I'll be ok, I can handle being cut off from family once again... around changing faces of friends to foes. It will be lonely at first but I suppose I do have a phone and internet access I'll be fine... I can handle it.

Then... then.. I know all the things that I will miss: hugs, family dinners, joking with Reme, seeing beloved cousins, aunts, sister-in-laws, brothers,, kiddos... even pets! Oh dear. I can't tell you all how much I love you. I am so glad to have spent this year with all of you and I look forward to the next!!

Happy New Year! Cheers! May the world be as lucky as I am to have all of you as my family!

6 comments:

Lina A. Sikes said...

Love you too Whitney, kisses and hugs!!

MT Miller said...

Wit,

I know how you feel, breaking down the year into seasonal chunks. Looking back over the year this way makes it obvious how the weather truly affects one's mood and experience of life. It is one of the reasons I really prefer weather, and not living in a climate where the temperature never changes.

I greatly enjoyed the holiday, and I look forward to seeing you again whenever we get the chance. Sometime I got to make my way to your neck of the woods, get me some of that good Italian coffee.

Hope you're doing well and getting geared up for school once again.

Tyler

Mrs. Stidham said...

LOVE YOU WHIT

The Best Years said...

Hey babydoll, we are missing you already, we just finished dinner, planning to watch a little Remmington Steele tonight :) How is the puzzle coming? Love you. Mom

Dee said...

Whitney, for me,2009 was difficult in some ways and successful in others. It is an interesting exercise to look back, but I'm always looking forward at the same time. It sounds like you may be having some friend problems..sorry. It's hard when you're in college to find good friends, it's mostly about partying and feeling free and unencumbered by your parents and their expectations. I found, it didn't last long and then I got down to the serious business of living my life for real. I was married by the time I was your age..now that put an end to the college career and family ties. I was gone for 5 years.I did not like that! Or perhaps your friends have graduated?
I agree with Ty, the weather change is a good thing for all of us. I love the cool rain, freezing snow, bright spring light and sun, and the longer, relaxing days of summer. The golden fall is perhaps my favorite time of year.
Many years ago I had my own business and I was struggling to keep it going while going through a debilatating divorce and a friend of mine came into my business and said to me" Well, one good thing is that life will change, nothing stays the same". That has stuck with me all these years. I was so distraught and he made that simple statement, which of course was true. Not all change feels good, but that too will change! Get it?
Anyway I am thinking and typing too much for such an early hour..I too feel lucky and privileged to have my family, you being one of the most important to me. So here's to 2010, it will be full of change and progress!! Love you dear niece
Aunt Dee

suzy q said...

Eating tootsie rolls right now.... not so new addiction... Thanks for making my 2009 a blast.. 2010? Hell yea!

Blog Archive