The greatest thing about these blogs is that they require more explanation than the free floating of Facebook. I may read you update and you read mine but how often are we giving "useful" feedback? Not often.. don't get me wrong I love the little nudges of my families comments on FB, but really I prefer your long answers on here and you love and support as well. FB is very self-centered and I don't like associating it with how I keep in touch with family. Friends yes, family you're better in my book.
Although I don't have time to call... so I'll post a long one on here for you to meander at you leisure.
So, update. Classes have been going well. I am working really hard. And doing my best to not half-ass anything. In fact I am full-assing everything in the hopes that it pass of with exceptional grades and not just "good" ones. Thus far I am doing well.
All A+ in my bio quizzes, I have my first exam tomorrow (you'll read this on Thursday and Friday I bet... hopefully I did well!) I have been studying up the yin-yang.
B+ on my first Spanish quiz, A- on my first exam--stupid cultural portion she sneaked in without my knowledge, excuses excuses I know... next time A+ WHICH is next Friday... I know how I am spending my weekend.
Stats: this might end up being my B+ class I allow if extreme studying doesn't help. Considering it is math and I am doing my best. I got a B+ on that first exam, so good news thus far.
Now.. for the goods stuff. The Community Stories class I am taking is just lovely. It is with my favorite professor and her teaching style is so free and open. As long as I give it my all I get an A. This is one of those classes where you have emotional growth from sounds strange... it really is a head trip. I had an oral exam today (we told our stories) there was no preparation.. just pick the fist story that came to mind. I chose to talk about addictions and what we all are addicted too. Whether it be money, security, food, intellect etc. Anything really. I am addicted to being "strong" is what I chose to speak about. Then I talked about you guys for a bit. And no.. I won't share what I said :) My story for that class only, safe space and all that.
Anyway. Very interesting. I would like to tell more about the book we're reading: Alphabet vs the Goddess. How literacy has demeaned women. Before you get in a fuss, read the dang book. Or check his outline website: http://www.alphabetvsgoddess.com/timeline.html
Anyway... wish me luck tomorrow. Hope the day goes smoothly.
Love to all.
5 comments:
Morning baby doll!!
Loved reading on all the happenings in your life right now. Great job on the hard work in your classes!!
We are ALL sick up here... Flem..coughs... stuffy heads...sore throats... total Y U C K ...
We still keep going.....
Aislinn is asleep right now, so my lap is empty and I have two seconds for myself!! She was up at least 10 times during the night. Tad left so exhausted for work today..
Guess I won't be headed to the YMCA to work out.... Bad month for me. Stress eating... cause so much is changing... Very excited, nervous for our move to Gig Harbor...
LIFE TRUDGES ON....
M O R E
Nope, too late already in a fuss. Literacy demeaning to women? "Literature" has been exclusive, and men have been demeaning in their writings...but does that necessarily mean that learning to read was demeaning? I'll check out the site, but sounds like he's splitting some hairs. Thanks for posting! I am glad you are doing well in school. This is my third full week. It's so bizarre that spring break is in four weeks! (For me) Time is flying. I'm going to Santa Cruz from the 19-22. I don't know how much time I'll have for visiting because seems like the coach already has an itinerary. Anyway, thanks for being ALIVE. Love ya lots, I will post my other story after we workshop it in class.
<3 Reme
I am delighted to see your post! I too check blogs, FB, email etc multiple times a day, morning and night! I am so very proud of you Whitney! You are doing such a fantastic job, working hard and earning your A's and B's! I miss you terribly, work is all consuming when I am there! I have way more work then one person can do in a given day but a ton of respect and support! That means a lot to me. A couple of our medical directors (doctors) have said to me they are so glad I am there to give them guidance. Feels good to be appreciated!
I am going to have the grands this Saturday, first a 2 hour scrap at the Y with Suzy and friends and then I plan to hang out with my adorable grandchildren! Lina is bringing the girls to our house, I will use Suzy's van to bring the others and maybe just maybe we will go to the zoo with Aunt Dee.
So I hope everyone is feeling better by then. :)
I will check out the web site you mentioned. I know you will do well on your tests already taken and wish you well on the Friday exam. I love you chiquita :) Momma
Whitter's..#1 I love you! #2 I continue in my pride of you #3 Good thing no one asks me about addiction #4 I think you are correct in your personal assessment
#5 You sure know how to put a bee in your sisters bonnet (don't ya just love that expression?) #6 If you have been working hard with your little rear in gear then you don't need luck for your exam. #7 I'm outta here, no idea why I started numbering..it's late..and I'm your silly auntie..but go back to #1
Love you Whit. I always read the blogs but honestly never post anymore lame I know just feel like no one ever reads the blogs so why write. Congrats on your classes smarty pants. I am looking forward to seeing you and Reme at Easter. YAY for everyone coming to Easter. Love you lots and lots. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment