Currently sitting next to grease monkey Emily. ( tell about the shower later, once I have experienced it )
OK... waiting to get on the plane I meet a man named Ekart from the International Police Force. Who gave me his card in case I got in "trouble" and needed some sort of assistance. He told me it wasn't too much like a Get-Out-of-Jail-Free card.. well along his lines of thinking.
When we finally got on the plane I was seated by a lovely English couple. They actually live in Kathmandu, Nepal for nine months out of the year. I seriously don't remember their names, which is disappointing. But continuing on, they stayed with me till I had retrieved my bags and helped me through the airport... so I basically had two well honed travelers who knew Heathrow quite well.
Then I immediately saw Emily and we became the worst kind of chatty kathys. Bothering everyone on the train. One hour ride from the airport to Emilys house... and Emily says that the tube turns your snot black. Which is pretty interesting... plus there are two kinds of people in Emilys neighborhood: The Jews and everyone else.. yes its true. Anyway.. we spent the day at the flat... no time to really do anything since my plane was late and I was TIRED.
So: the internet may not be coming in. So posts may be sporadic. : ) London is AMAZING!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- Jun (2)
- Feb (6)
- Jan (1)
- Dec (1)
- Nov (20)
- Oct (9)
- Sep (7)
- Aug (8)
- May (7)
- Apr (2)
- Mar (3)
- Feb (2)
- Jan (7)
- Dec (4)
- Nov (5)
- Oct (7)
- Sep (15)
- Aug (2)
- Jul (1)
- Jun (4)
- May (6)
- Apr (12)
- Mar (5)
- Feb (13)
- Jan (2)
- Dec (2)
- Nov (8)
- Oct (12)
- Sep (11)
- Aug (2)
- Jul (6)
- Jun (8)
- May (1)
- Apr (13)
- Mar (15)
- Feb (12)
- Jan (8)
- Dec (18)
- Nov (15)
- Oct (20)
- Sep (14)
- Aug (9)
3 comments:
Oh baby so glad you made it safe and sound! You seem to draw the interesting people...we are off to Ranyah's birthday party, got your voicemail...say hello to Emily and thank her and her parents from us for this fabulous opportunity for you to see amazing London...love you, love you, love you!
Mom
Well young lady it sounds as if you are going to enjoy your visit in London. Thank you nice couple from Nepal! Not sure I'd trust the dude who says he's a police officer. Just me though. Sounds like a line from a B movie.
All is well here, decorating all done, going to go tour the Christmas displays in Bellingham as soon as Kam gets his shoes on.
Take care dear girl, I love you.
Aunt Dee
He does sound like he is from a B movie but it is still cool!!! I am glad you had someone to help you get bags and stuff. I love your pictures! Love you and miss you. Drove to Tad and Suzy's today and missed the exit. Got slightly lost but Suzy helped me find my way home :)
Post a Comment