Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pacific University Road Trip!

Photobucket

Alysha and I took a trip down to see my new college on Monday, and one word that about covers it is: PERFECT! Everything about the college is beautiful and earthy (if that makes sense). :) and I love it already. I woke up this morning with a sense of purpose and good feelings! So I am super excited to go there in the fall and I cannot wait.

So the first day we went on a tour and met with an admissions adviser named Jeff G. who discussed everything from the school to his own knee injury (tore his ACL twice!). I now know that all of the sports complexes are worth more than my life and are all, basically, brand new. Haha. The tour was conducted by a very verbose and funny woman named Andrea H. Pacific is the first school in the northwest, and has the largest barber shop poll (near the track). Also she showed us the not-so-nice dorm rooms so I turned my application in for the nice ones. (Hopefully I get into McCormick.) Our mascot is the "Boxers" but that really means the Chinese Chi, which is a mytical creature that is part unicorn, dragon and dog. Interesting right? The grounds are beautiful lots of trees and green!! I'll post pictures now :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We stayed at the Grand Lodge in Forest Grove, which I haven't talked about the town! Its small, and apparently has many pubs, but hey thats Oregon. Needless to say mom is worried :) Anyway. The Lodge is completely interesting. To say the least. Our room was decorated entirely about Emanuel Schikaneder. He added words to Mozart's music, made plays, etc. Here's some pictures of our room and pipes. :)

Photobucket



Photobucket

Lots of attention to detail. And the faces on the pipes were in every room--minus the bathroom, which would seriously creep me out if I had a face just sitting there. There were also quotes on the walls from the plays written by Schikaneder.

Example: "You have many more dangerous paths to follow but with the Gods help you will succeed. We go forward with pure hearts on our journey. Follow me!" --The Speaker Act 1 Scene 6.
All the other halls and rooms had names and there was a theater in our hotel, which we went and saw the movie Enchanted--the 4th time I have seen it--and I have hit my quota of that movie. We played cards all night and stayed up till 4 AM. Like college students do. very abnormal for me though. :).

On our way home we stopped in Portland and went to Powell's Book store; its an entire city block!! and the most wonderful place. I love it. I came out with 3 Annie Dillard books and 2 W.B. Yeats books for Reme. (hope that doesn't spoil the surprise Rems!) It was EPIC. So pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We hit up this amazing Chinese place on the way home and that was the perfect end to our trip! AHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M GOING TO PACIFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :)

Love you all. ( if you click on the pictures it takes you to photobucket where you can view the whole album if you wish, but I stuck the best pictures on here :)


This is for mom:

Photobucket

7 comments:

Whitney Shae said...

You are a "HOOT"....this place looks amazing, can't wait for Doug and I to check it out. I am so happy for you Whitney and I am not worried....I know you are able to make good decisions that will protect your life and health! We will definitely have to check out Powell's bookstore, sounds wonderful "an entire city block"! Great pictures, love you.

Mom

Mrs. Stidham said...

Great pictures Whit. Looks like you will have fun and now you will be just like Reme going out and getting lost in a new town. Love you lots and wish you the very best. Love you! Amanda

The M&M Gang...its where its at said...

How exciting Whit, love the pics. It looks like you two had a great time. love you

Dee said...

ahhh..my whitney has found her new place..ahhh I'm gonna miss you girl. So happy for you though and your pictures are super. Makes me feel like I've been there already.
You will do great!And I will come see you!! I love Portland. Hope you guys had a nice weekend and I get to see you and Reme this week.
Aunt Dee

Madolyn Miller said...

so excited for you... your going to have so much fun!!! :) the pix are very cute love ya whitdog :):)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kaleb said...

The campus looks great. The parked out area between the buildings with all the large trees reminds me of WWU in front of old main. I'm sure you'll have an incredible time.

Blog Archive