
Look where you are.. See yourself clearly in this present. Here. Now. The inevitable is upon us, and it is all the encouragement we will ever need.
Time is a strange thing, and what I hate the most is not know what is meant for me, for my family, the world. It is a war inside my head. Would I really do anything if I knew what was going to happen; try not to repeat the mistakes I see or accept them as fate? How fleeting. It is something so surreal this 'time' concept. Spending it and never knowing what's in store, what you cannot change. The startling moment that passes by, duly noted, but never understood. Its like a stream of physcobabble none of it will ever make any sense.. Which I have a feeling that is what I am doing now.. With my inability to sleep. Physcobabble. Because I cannot know a thing. Because I cannot change who I am or what I will become. And I am sure the many great philosophers of 'time' think upon this topic with such ferocity that they too have a war inside them as well.
And it is that exact reason why I, We, cannot know anything of the next minute. Because being supremely faulted all humans would either see to see, but never really do
3 comments:
i am pondering dirty laundry and bath tub ring.... sigh..... i am shallow....
Wow Whit, you are sounding nihilistic. In fact, you sound like the Chorus from Oedipus,
"O generations of men, how I
count you as equal with those who live not at all!
What man, what man on earth wins more
of happiness than a seeming
and after that turning away?"
(1187-1193)
We can look forward to the future even if we don't know what it is exactly. Yes, there is a lot of pain in life, but there is also love and joy.
I agree with Reme we don't have to know what is in the future only do our best as we go through life, be honest, caring, hard working and don't take things or people for granted...life is too short as we well know. I love you. Mom
Post a Comment