This morning I woke up at 9:30 and I put my trainers on and took a walk. Where I walked to there wasn't much to see: some dilapidated houses, workers pulling up trees, large trucks cruising by and a general busyness as I walked on through. But what was nice is that it was morning, chilly, there was a fog, and with my iPod in I listened to my noise and not the outside.
Upon reflection of this walk I almost had a grasp of something that I couldn't name but I knew it would help me. I walked for an hour trying to think of it again or call it back to me. Perhaps I shall take a walk tomorrow if only to get closer to that goal. What I thought of was the future and what I would like to be doing in it. Not just the typical career day-job type of stuff, but the pieces of life we find meaningful, where is that nowadays? I have noticed that the most special moments in my life are shared with others, how can I make more of that?
I have been reading this article about the general goodness of people during the Holocaust, and how they sheltered the victims not out of heroics but out of the goodness of their hearts and that it was the "right" thing to do. I would like to bring that into my future. I would like to show more of the general goodness of my soul to the world. Less of this rough, tough individual I am used to hiding behind and more of the heartfelt, caring person I would like to show.
Oh the possibilities we all have to think on and the choices we have to make.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- Jun (2)
- Feb (6)
- Jan (1)
- Dec (1)
- Nov (20)
- Oct (9)
- Sep (7)
- Aug (8)
- May (7)
- Apr (2)
- Mar (3)
- Feb (2)
- Jan (7)
- Dec (4)
- Nov (5)
- Oct (7)
- Sep (15)
- Aug (2)
- Jul (1)
- Jun (4)
- May (6)
- Apr (12)
- Mar (5)
- Feb (13)
- Jan (2)
- Dec (2)
- Nov (8)
- Oct (12)
- Sep (11)
- Aug (2)
- Jul (6)
- Jun (8)
- May (1)
- Apr (13)
- Mar (15)
- Feb (12)
- Jan (8)
- Dec (18)
- Nov (15)
- Oct (20)
- Sep (14)
- Aug (9)
6 comments:
Awesome Whit... you really make me think. In fact I am believe I will respond in my next post. Love you
Hi Sweetheart...I got your letter. We do need to talk, not tonight, I went to Curves worked out hard, home to a still sick hubby, Doug is still running fevers, chills, now feeling like he could throw up. Of course he continues to go in to work each day even though he can barely make it through the day. First did you drop your Algebra class?
Have you talked to your advisor again? These are things to talk about when we next talk voice to voice. I love you Whit, a good walk in the wonderful fall air is a good thing. A reminder to continue to move forward in life, there is so much for you but you have to be willing to take some chances, be a little lonely at times, you know your family loves you and you know your Momma loves you with all my heart and soul. I sent your halloween package today, they said it would be there tomorrow. Love, Mom
Whitney, my love
OMGoodness Girl, your beautiful personality and caring ways are part of you. You may want to expand on that somehow, but you are already one of the nicest people I have ever known. So glad you're one of mine. Maybe I'm blind but I have NEVER thought of you as rough and tough. You are so gentle. Who else would pick up a lousy, scrawny cat on it's deathbed and love it and nurture it and cry over it as it drew it's last breath on this earth? Have you considered volunteering Whit. There are SO many needs in the world, wherever you go, why don't you try to find something to do where you are. Your mother and I were beneficiaries of others kindness more than once in our lifetime. The humane society is a good place to help out too. Just a thought. You have so much to give, I think you're lookiing for a place to give to. Maybe on your next walk...I love you Whit. I respect your purity of spirit and heart. Priceless...that's my Whitney!!
I agree with you Dee, Whit is a kind hearted soul, lovely and loving. Your suggestion of volunteering is a good one. Think about it Whit. I love you. Mom
i think aobut the same things i tell you.
and its good thoughts:)
I am proud of you Whitney. Very proud of you.
Love Always, Lina
Post a Comment