Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday

Spending a lazy Saturday in the library. I have already finished one section of history homework I was not looking forward to, still have reading to do.. but I am sure I will be getting to that next. I am sitting in my favorite spot of the library by the big windows over looking our giant trees. Chilly but it cool to people watch from here, right now there is a small tour of the campus taking place (I remember being in their shoes) and some squirrels are going crazy around a tree. There is burning smell outside, the good kind, the one that reminds you fall is upon you.

I am looking forward to Halloween, maybe even a special trip out to Fall City Farms too? :) I love those times. September is quickly fading away. It crazy to think how fast its already going. The leaves are already changing color before my eyes and falling to the ground.

Love to everyone. I miss you all.

8 comments:

The Best Years said...

Hi sweetheart, it is feeling fall here today too, yesterday it was hot, today we woke to pouring down rain, wind and lots of clouds, just overcast now. I went to Tad and Suzy's and hung out with the grandkids. It was so good to see Aurezuh and Ranyah, Ranyah seems taller just since we saw them last at Kameron's birthday party? I took over some sparkly Floam and we played with that. Suzy and Charlie were heading out to Charlie's overnight in the San Juan's with the girl scout troop. Nathan looks good, haven't seen Lina yet, tomorrow she is bringing the girls to Suzy's and I will go visit again. We had our Comcast upgraded, faster internet, now with 22 up from 15, loads the pages much quicker, Modem is larger, switched out the HD box in the bedroom for a smaller (no taping) one but it sure does look better. We have a ton more channels, not that we needed them but it comes with the premium channel. :) I mailed your package priority today, you should get by Tuesday, put a little something in there for you besides the movies and books, save for a rainy day. :) We are definitely doing Fall City or one of them, need to find out when Dee is having Halloween. Looking forward to seeing you. Love you baby doll. Mom

Reme said...

So poetic Whit. It was a beautiful day here yesterday, gorgeous blue sky with puffy white clouds. And the leaves are changing as well. I wish I could join in on the Fall City Farms and Halloween as well. I can't wait for the time when I can stop missing them! Feeling a little homesick right now. Time is moving fast but slow too, if you know what I mean.
Love you
Reme

suzy q said...

I fell asleep time and time again in my college library..... I loved it there... I can't wait for the pumpkin patch. Can't wait to hug you!

The Best Years said...

Aunt Dee's halloween party is the 24th a Saturday, how about pumpkin patch on the 25th, Sunday? I guess we just hope for good weather. I miss you and your sister so much. Love you. Mom

ps. Another package on it's way, mailing out tomorrow.

Dee said...

Boy, Mom is keeping busy just mailing packages..lucky young girl!
I was just noticing today the leaves are beginnning their golden turn and the air is a bit crispier. The silver circle of spider webs with the early morning dew are the biggest signal that fall is arriving.
I love you Whit..keep up the good work! See you in October right here..where the wild things are...my theme for this year. Karly said today she wouldn't even have to dress up this year and I agreed!!

The M&M Gang...its where its at said...

Whit...fall is my absolute fav time of the year. Lookin forward to Halloween and a movie and a pumpkin or two! miss you and love you:)

MT Miller said...

Wit,

Fall has long been my favorite season, and with it comes my favorite holiday, Halloween. Whenever the leaves start to change and you get that color in the sky, dark and reflective, I get the urge to pull out Ray Bradbury's "The October Country" and sit down by the window and read.

Bradbury is the master of autumn. Check this:

"...that country where it is always turning late in the year. That country where the hills are fog and the rivers are mist; where noons go quickly, dusks and twilights linger, and midnights stay. That country composed in the main of cellars, sub-cellars, coal-bins, closets, attics, and pantries faced away from the sun. That country whose people are autumn people, thinking only autumn thoughts. Whose people passing at night on the empty walks sound like rain..."

Cool beans.

Hey, I found that illy's coffee yesterday in the local Safeway here in Cheney. Holy crow! I couldn't believe it. I made some this morning and was so excited I had to call somebody and tell them about it. That's some fine Italian coffee.

Anyway, hope you're doing well and enjoying classes.

PS: There's a lot more hope in "Girl Trouble" than in "The Road." But both are worth the read.

Ty

dtm Outdoor Adventure said...

hey..:)

Blog Archive