Lina will notice this bit of my blog was also in her email, I like to overlap that way I can't write more without repeating myself on 3 often 4 different internet modes.
I get my Ecua-Censo tomorrow, which is like a drivers license, except I am under no circumstances allowed to drive... I'll get kicked out of the country, same with getting a job. So in case I want to come home early, and I don't want to look like a chicken, I'll drive a car on the way to my new job and I'll be on the phone telling the authorities that I am doing so. :) Don't worry there is a lot of stiff upper lip going on here. And I am doing just fine.. With all this communication its like I never really left... in fact its more communication than when I was simply at Pacific. I guess I wasn't dealing with constant differences. When I think back on many experiences in the States, I am wondering why I was ever worried about going out late, or the people. What I know seems so much more trust worthy than what I see here.... but its a comfort thing, an Ecuadorian girl my age would know everything about her city and feel just as comfortable. Aye mio.....
I really miss home. I'll I want to do is wake up and see my beautiful family, everyone. Have a big American breakfast, lunch and dinner (because lunch here is the biggest meal, and that's what we have to provide for ourselves with limited cash, so I am stuck eating poorly all day). But I am trying to enjoy it as much as possible. With my limited Spanish. :) my host mama is a lot of fun. She's about mom's age and is just as gorgeous. She and I counted piano keys tonight to guess the right answer for Who Want's To Be a Millionaire or in Spanish if you will: Quien Quiere Ser Millinario. :) I got some questions right. like: What's the name of Mickey's dog? Answer: Pluto, The words fairway and putt pertain to what sport: Answer: Golf, Which Beatle wrote "Something" Answer: George Harrison... I admit I guessed on the last one... and I had a nervous tick to say the Bee Gees. :) Mom be sure to tell Doug that one. :)
It's funny how much of our time is spent planning our future life, when in fact right now is what we should be living. For instance I ate bad cheese today... so I should be planning for a sickness later... but I am thinking about what I am going to do when I leave Quito.
Love to all!
4 comments:
I like that you counted piano keys together! Its things like that that keep you going and cheer you up. Read my poems again. They're supposed to give you comfort and peace. I think just be grateful you're alive in a strange place and learning so much about yourself, and of course Ecuador. Love you like crazy!
Reme
ps It should have been the Bee Gees!
Morning!! FEELING REALLY GUILTY! I made your chocolate cake with creme cheese frosting for everyone yesterday and thought of you as it got polished off.... :) I will have one ready for you when you come home.
I enjoyed having Rani and zuzu here this weekend. Both girls had a blast. They slept good, ate great and had adventures galore with my kids! It was a good bonding experience for us!
Dee, Omar and Kam joined us last night! I loved having a full house. Our family is WONDERFUL!
Lina and Nathan made us dinner. It was a wonderful chicken salad with homemade croutons. YUM.
Today it is blue sky everywhere. Two days till char starts 7th grade, Kess starts Kindergarten on Thursday.
HUGS TO YOU!
Hello pretty girl, I am enjoying your posts. I am missing you, soon to be missing Reme too! Everyone is going to Chelan this weekend, Doug and I are staying home, he can't get Monday off, I need to spend some time with him and get centered again. :) I like that your host mom is so easy going with you already. She sounds like a very nice person. I will write you a letter and send soon. I love you Whitney girl. Doug sends his love too. Momma
It is so good for you that you have a host Mama. How wonderful to be in a strange country and have a person who is willing to be your parent for a year. I know you will be a life long blessing to her and her family just as you are in your own family.
So if I come to Ecuador they have a fool-proof weight loss program? Hmmm..thinking thinking...darn not worth losing my camera and you know I would because I would just click away and beg for the photo card and let them have the camera. HAHA
I absolutely agree...live now...who knows about tomorrow.
You will have PLENTY to do when you live Quito no worry there. Love you Whit.
Post a Comment