I am definitely having a roller coaster time of adjusting. I am keeping a list of all the good moments that make it alright being here, and I am trying to forget the weird bits, which all of those can be chalked up to cultural differences and my terrible Spanish.
Today was one of those bad Spanish days. I couldn't understand a thing. It was supremely difficult. The baptism was beautiful, what a lovely ritual. I even got a little teary at the end of it... but that's because they were all saying their hopes for Sofia, even though I couldn't understand I felt the warmth and love in all their voices.
It was beautiful.
I did take photos, but blogger is taking too long to upload... I'll get a flicker account to share them all :)
I'm off to bed. Love to all.
2 comments:
Hi sweetheart! I can't wait to see your pictures, I will see if I can send you my mobile me account login and password and then you can upload to mobile me and share. It is very quick, or at least I hope it is. :) Adjustments.....that is a good word for getting used to new things, new culture, new language, new food or lack of it. :) We went to Salty's in Redondo Beach, right on the Puget Sound, we missed you! I finally used those 4 gift cards I have had since 2005 which paid for the dinner. I got the skirt I was making for Reme done, except for the hem....doing that probably tomorrow evening. I think the pattern was miss sized because I had to make a lot of "adujustments" to make it fit. Anyway, it turned out pretty I think. Going to be heading to Gig Harbor in a bit, looking forward to seeing everyone and taking more pictures. I will send you some. Love you babydoll! Have a great day! Skype tonight. Mom
Wit,
I finally had time to sit and jump on the blog and see what you been up to. Read through your Off-the-Continent posts, and it's great to see you doing so well (even if there are some difficulties). It really sounds like you are having a good time, meeting good people, and taking it all in stride.
Keep track of the social differences. I'd like to hear more about them. Always fascinating to hear about what the rest of the world is like.
I'm just back in Chelan for about three weeks, and enjoying the weather and the water and all the relaxation. But I will track down some English-language-impoverished Mexican and strike up a conversation saturated with cultural divisiveness, just so there's one other person in the family who's having similar struggles.
Take care, girl.
Ty
Post a Comment