Friday, August 20, 2010

Hola familia! As you now have guessed I am safe and sound in Ecuador. My host family is lovely. They're all wonderful. There is a little baby girl here named Sofia she looks like Rhanya :) Que linda!

Ecuador is amazing. The altitude is difficult at times. Going to sleep I feel like a fish gasping for air. My host mom laughed at my impression when I told her in choppy spanish. She's very nice. When I arrived and we drove home I saw a man breathing fire in the streets. I shall take this as a good omen.. he looked like the spanish version of Keith Richards. So no problemo.

tonight I shall venture out with Juan and his friends. I promise to take care of myself and only drink club sodas.

I haven't taken any pictures yet... I know I am the shame of the whole family. I will be a tourist tomorrow :)

I miss you all mucho!! And I send massive amounts of love from Ecuador!!

2 comments:

suzy q said...

How are you? We all miss you. Did you get pictures of the fire eater? We want to hear everything so start blogging baby!

The Best Years said...

Your host mom sounds lovely! I imagine you will get more comfortable as you become more familiar with your surroundings. Ask your host mom if you can take pictures of them, it would be nice to see what they look like. Slow and steady sweet girl. Love you and miss you like crazy. Momma

Blog Archive