Wish you could see me now. I know you would be proud of the person I have become. The person you knew I would be. And that makes me smile inside.
The sun that shines inside my heart for you is like no star because it can never die; never blow into millions of destruction. It is everlasting. And so unlike your passing.
I am wrapped up in a heady sense that I am accepted and wanted, and in my dreams I can still hear you say my name in the moments before I pass into a deep sleep.
I wear your ring everyday to remind me that once you were tangible, alive, real. Not a figment of my imagination. Not there for a tormenting sadness.
The times I think on are happy and that is all I need to know.. to know that I am missed. Just as much as I miss you.
So I am strong, I am smart, I am funny. Just because there is no other way to be. Or I would sink into that abyss.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- Jun (2)
- Feb (6)
- Jan (1)
- Dec (1)
- Nov (20)
- Oct (9)
- Sep (7)
- Aug (8)
- May (7)
- Apr (2)
- Mar (3)
- Feb (2)
- Jan (7)
- Dec (4)
- Nov (5)
- Oct (7)
- Sep (15)
- Aug (2)
- Jul (1)
- Jun (4)
- May (6)
- Apr (12)
- Mar (5)
- Feb (13)
- Jan (2)
- Dec (2)
- Nov (8)
- Oct (12)
- Sep (11)
- Aug (2)
- Jul (6)
- Jun (8)
- May (1)
- Apr (13)
- Mar (15)
- Feb (12)
- Jan (8)
- Dec (18)
- Nov (15)
- Oct (20)
- Sep (14)
- Aug (9)
1 comment:
This is a beautiful tribute to your Dad! Tears are streaming down my cheeks right now!
Post a Comment