Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I perfer long walks on the beach....

I don't know why I should be surprised by the words that have been written to me, but I am; and I love you guys for saying them. I know it takes courage to speak openly of troubles, especially ones harbored close to my heart, but I know wasn't remiss in placing them out in the open. And of a surety they were met with great advice I took to heart as well.

So I took a long walk today to ease my troubles and I would like to think that my thoughts were less heavy, and my heart more buoyant ---in the beginning both held true. Till I got blisters at the half way point in my 3 hour trek. I now have two miniature splints on my pinky toes keeping the fluid filled sacks from bursting, because I once heard that it was a bad idea to break your blisters, so I am letting my body heal itself. (Even though I was embarrassed to buy corn cushions...not unlike the kind Aunt Mel wears... though hers aren't for blisters I think!) Anyway, Jack got a good root around the neighborhood and I... well I got what it expeceted from thin socks and rain boots.

Anyway currently my head is heavy from sleep, so I bid everyone a good night, and may tomorrow be blisterless for all :) Cheers.

6 comments:

suzy q said...

Kisses and Hugs... come over!

Dee said...

Bless your toes sweetie. No shoes for a couple of days and relaxing will probably heal them. Love you Sleep Well Aunt Dee

The Best Years said...

You are a wonderful, amazingingly beautiful young woman that I am so lucky to have as my daughter. I am so proud of you sweetheart. You have grown up so much and are making good decisions about your life and what you want to do with it. Remember we will always love and support you in your endeavors. Love, Mamma

Mrs. Stidham said...

I MISS YOU!

I LOVE YOU MY COUSIN-FRIEND.

What are your plans for school... Any new updates? Hope all is well I have a new cell # so if you get a weird # it's me!

Madolyn Miller said...

i lov eyou whitdog :)

Nathan J. Sikes, Bl. Arch. said...

Whitney,

I read your blog.

Nathan

Blog Archive