Wednesday, August 25, 2010

GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLL!!!!!

I will explain my title later in the post, but I thought I should recount my day before I head to bed--tomorrow will be busy and I might not have time.

So yesterday I took the fastest bus known to man to Cumbaya and today I probably took the slowest. Funny how that works eh? But nonetheless I made it safe and sound. And it wasn't as difficult as I thought.. I'll do this all again tomorrow at 9 am.

I had one class today: converstaion. And if you can believe it .. we really didn't converse.. Just listened to what our coming assignments would be. I went and introduced myself after class told her my Spanish was bad and she said: "just try." So I will "just try" my damnedest.

Katherine had conversation with the same prof directly after me so I just waited for her. She got out of class early and we went and had pizza for dinner. It was delicious. We jumped on the bus home and met Juan at a pharmacy store (like a walgreens) and went to his house to watch a soccer match with him and his friends. League de Quito vs Escuela de Plata, Argentina. Girls that don't speak the language don't get in the way of watching soccer. It was really fun. I tried these fried banana chips, sweet and delicious.. not painfully crunchy like the dried bananas at home, but crispy mmmmmmmmm. Katherine and I really enjoyed this perspective of Ecuadorian men we wouldn't have been able to see if we were any other type of International, solos amigas de Juan :)

His friends were all very nice. Being a gentleman here is still quite important. And I have to say the kissing on the cheek hello and goodbye is quite sweet.

That's all. I promise to take photos tomorrow on the bus ride.. but its hard not to look conspicuous, and I don't want my only means of recording this adventure to be robbed from me on a bus. Comprenden?

Love you mucho mucho, y un abrazooo enormeeeee!

PS Quito won so Juan's team lost.

4 comments:

SueAnn said...

I am so glad I checked the blog one more time before heading for bed. I got worried with the taking the buski by yourself comment on FB. I am glad you and Katherine enjoyed your day. Continue to be watchful Whitney. Take pictures when someone is with you so they can watch for others getting too close. I know people have to be taking pictures down there. Your soccer watching with Juan and his friends sounds fun. Fried banana chips sounds good. :) Doug made fish tacos tonight and made 12 taco shells, we had three left over for you. I love you sweetheart. I will check the blog tomorrow night for an update and FB for a quick update. Love, Momma

Reme said...

Sounds like your first comfortable day in Quito. I liked the kissing cheek thing in France too, especially when it was with good looking boys :)Miss you love you

Reme

Dee said...

Ah yes, nice to relax with gentlmen and your best pal. Soccer is soccer who cares what they're saying? Why don't you ask your host family to help with the photo taking? Or Juan?
Good luck in conversation class, you'll be fine.
Kiss on cheeks seems like the same as a friendly hug. Nice.
Love you Miss Whit.
Auntie Dee

suzy q said...

WHIT..... We want your address!!!
Kids want to send letters!
I am watching the girls this weekend so Lina and Nathan can spend some time together!! It will be fun!

Kess's bee sting got HUGE... Took him to the ER yesterday. Swelling and blisters ell over the sting marks. Guess he got stung more than once. Today it looks better.
Char is dressing up everyday in anticipation to school starting! Today is picture day for her.
AyZe is busy playing Polly pockets!
Love to you!

Blog Archive